Wedding Rings for Men

When I got engaged, I was a little nervous to find my then-fiance a ring. I wasn't sure how much it would cost and what it should be made out of. I knew my dad had designed his own ring and that it was gold which matched my mom's ring. My parents never ever took off their rings. When I asked my fiance what he thought, he suggested we just skip the jewelry store and get something on Amazon. He ended up finding a ring that was less than $20 made out of white tungsten that matched my white gold ring. Then later on, he purchased several colors of silicon rings for each of us to wear at the gym or swimming and whenever we wanted really.


This isn't the traditional way you're supposed to find a wedding ring for a husband, but it's becoming more and more popular among millennial couples. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed silly to spend a lot of money on a simple ring when less expensive rings 1. did the job (kept the ladies away) and 2. were comfortable. Talking with my married peers, it seemed like most of them found traditional looking and non traditional rings on Amazon. One friend's husband wanted a ring that was completely white. There's no reason to follow traditions just for traditions sake. When you're ring shopping for your man, don't limit yourself by traditional ideas and go with what your husband-to-be wants!

Comments

  1. My husband recently lost his wedding ring (the one I probably spent too much on...) so I'm looking for a cheaper ring! This is perfect. I appreciated that you showed a picture of what you were talking about. It gave me a clear visual as to what you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts