The Good Samaritan



If you haven't seen this yet, take a moment and watch it now!

This video by the Church is intriguing. We have a man who has been beaten and robbed, just like the Bible story tells. He calls out for help as he is injured and bleeding. Two passers by, presumably people occupied with doing "good" things just don't have time to take the responsibility for the care of this man. One lady even works at a food bank. She should have compassion of all people, but doesn't in the moment she passes the hurt man. The third passer by, a past-refugee, is about to start a new job. It's a humble job and it's her first day. She remembers the compassion others must have had on her when she was received into a new country with her children. She mirrors that compassion and makes helping this man more important than being on time to her new job. Her love for others, complete strangers, is amazing.

This video has meaning in my own life. I don't want to be a passer by, too occupied with my to-dos to listen to the Spirit when He tells me to help someone in my path. I want to be ready to show compassion to others, even when we are different, or I don't know them.

President Monson said, "never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." This video shows this counsel in action. I hope to be a good samaritan in any circumstance.

Comments

  1. I loved this video! Thanks for sharing! I also like what you said about how you don't want to be a passerby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts