Art as Worship


Take a look at this work of art. This is actually from a page from a Bible called the Book of Kells. It was decorated with incredible detail by a monk during the 9th century CE in what is now Great Britain. There are patterns within patterns and detailed faces of important figures of the Bible found with in this page. There are deep crimsons and shimmering gold layers. This was no ordinary page, it was a great work of art. The artist worshiped God through his artwork. Generally we think of worship as praying, singing, praising, preaching, etc, however, I would like to submit that artwork can be a form of worship. I recently used my talents to create an animation (see below) with the intention of spreading the good news of the gospel. I felt that this was a gift to God from me, thanking Him for my blessings and knowledge of His gospel.


I believe using our talents for good can be a gift to God and a sincere form of worship.

Comments

  1. I think art is one of the best ways to show how you worship. I love the page from the Book of Kells. I think it depicts their relationship with Christ, how much He meant to them, and how much they cared. Also, I loved the animation. Great visual!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts