Poster Power and How it Changed Women


I am studying the impact of the media on how society viewed women's roles in society during the Victorian era. Studying this period, I have found that a drastic change occurred during the late 19th century that taught society that women could freely enjoy herself in public places such as bars, dance halls, and theaters. I hope to find more evidence to show that there indeed was a great change in how society perceived women. This evidence will come from studies of posters, advertisements, photography, and other media found during the 19th century.



About my audience:
My audience is made up of designers like myself. They believe that media makes an impact but might not believe that it can change the way society thinks. They value art and good design and they also value their communities.

Comments

Popular Posts