I Made an Animation! #FloodTheEarth


Elder Bednar has joined along with previous prophets of the church in proclaiming the great potential each of us has in spreading the gospel. He specifically talks about the means by which we can accomplish this each day and that way is through the internet and social media.

How many times do I look at my phone on any given day? How many messages do I send and receive? The answer is... a lot less than when I was in high school! But still, I use my phone daily. Facebook and Instagram are apps opened at least once a day on my phone.

"First, we are disciples and our messages should be authentic," says Elder Bednar. I thought this was an interesting quote to start my own blog with. I will follow the rule as I share media and more blog posts that if I wouldn't share it in person, I won't share it online.

I've recently felt like I can use my talents to reach others through social media. For my assignment in media design class I decided to choose one of my favorite conference talks and use it for my animation (see above). I posted it to social media and within a few minutes my one non-LDS friend commented on it and really liked it. I was happy I was able to share a message to her and that she liked it enough to comment. Another friend commented thanking me for posting the quote and that it was a message she really needed that day.

Elder Bednar's message is a message for me and for all of us to use what we've been given as a tool to serve the Lord and others.

Comments

Popular Posts